Teresa gives a Mid-Year update on some recent key rulings and gives some reminders for employees and employers.
Topics discussed in this episode are:
- CalSavers Retirement Savings Program (CalSavers), for more information visit www.calsavers.com
- Distracted Driving License Points
- California local minimum wage increase, for more information visit www.laborcenter.Berkeley.edu.
- EEO-1 Update, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has recently announced a new filing deadline for Employer Information Reports (EEO-1)
- EEOC released updated guidance on protections extended to LGBTQ+ workers under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), for more information visit https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/protections-against-employment-discrimination-based-sexual-orientation-or-gender
- President Biden’s Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy