Today’s special guest is Shawn Burcham, Founder & CEO of Pro Food Systems, Inc. and the author of the Amazon Bestselling book Keeping Score with GRITT: Straight Talk Strategies for Success. SAFFIRE LEGAL PC’s founder and principal attorney Teresa McQueen talks with Shawn about the challenges in creating & operating a 100% employee owned business. This is an exciting episode with a dynamic entrepreneur who believes empowering employees to think and act like owners is a recipe for success.
“The main job of a CEO or President is to share the vision.”– Shawn Burcham
Highlights From This Week’s Workplace Perspective:
- One of the biggest challenges in creating an ESOP is overcoming the mental hurdle of recognizing that creating an ESOP requires a loss of owner control.
- Creating an ESOP won’t change the company culture if you don’t communicate the reasons behind the decision and why its good for the employees.
- ESOP’s give everyone a stake in the success of the business and provides a great opportunity to make a commitment to the employees and the local community.
Shawn’s Tips for Employers and Employees:
- Understand how your business – or the business you work for – operates.
- Make an effort to become financially literate to help understand how your actions impact the business.
- Become laser-focused on being self-aware of your strengths and weaknesses and focus on utilizing those strengths to become more successful.
- Focus on those around you – what are their strengths and motivators – focus on what drives these individuals to help you operate better as part of a team and to increase your overall chances for success.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More