Today’s special guest is Albert Eloyan, CEO of Surprise HR in San Francisco, CA. Surprise HR helps companies most effectively celebrate their values, wins, and their people. SAFFIRE LEGAL PC’s founder and principal attorney Teresa McQueen talks with Mr. Eloyan about the importance of engaging with employees in any business.
“The modern company is a fascinating phenomenon…When you have that many people it creates its own microcosm.”– Albert Eloyan
Highlights From This Week’s Workplace Perspective:
- How employers see employee engagement vs. how employees feel about the engagement.
- The importance of the employee experience on the macro level.
- The benefits to having employees buy in to the mission and the goals of a particular company and assimilating into the individual culture of the business.
- How some companies can struggle to raise morale and how to overcome that.
- Engendering a culture of gratitude and innovation within companies so that it evolves with each generation that enters the workplace.
- Taking a closer look into the shift from authority based leadership paradigm toward a more crowd sourced and transparent environment.
- Understand that millennials and Gen Z grew up with high dopamine experiences and how to implement that drive into a business.
- Employee engagement isn’t necessarily based on how expensive the programs or initiatives are.
- How AI technology can learn from employees and become accurate in their predictions about matching up employees with recognition that’s impactful.
- Saying “Thanks” to coworkers and to employees has a long term benefit and helps encourages people to improve in their work.
Albert Eloyan’s Tips for Employers and Employees:
- Employers should focus on their “why” and be authentic. Realize that employees can tell the difference when you contradict your stated values.
- Always celebrate. Always say thanks to your people. Always show appreciation intentionally.